Skip to main content

Español 中文版

Alameda County Family Justice Center

Justice is not served
until crime victims are.

Safety alert!

Abusers can track your computer activity. If you are in danger, please call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-SAFE). And consider using a safer computer such as one from the library or a friend's house.

this site

While child abuse is a community issue and should be reported by anyone, it is required by law for certain professionals and laypersons who have a certain working relationship or contact with children to report child abuse. Examples of individuals required to report child abuse include the following: teachers, employees of a child care institution, public assistance workers, social workers, and health practitioners. For more information on mandated reporting, please visit (California Attorney General's Office, 2000) [1].

To report child abuse in Alameda County - Call (510)259-1800

You can also report child abuse to your local police department.

Child Welfare Information Gateway

The California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Law

California Mandatory Reporting Requirements Regarding Elders/Disabled - RAINN

Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline



[1] California Attorney General's Office. (2000). Child Abuse Prevention Handbook. Northern California, Allied Printing.